The Building Centre, Store Street, London WC1E 7BT 1 October 2015, 09.00 to 11.30 am
Join us at this second free-to-attend, RIBAJ and SIG morning briefing as we further explore the differing techniques in contemporary roof specification, design and installation.
Hear from top architectural practices on three very different roofing challenges – including a detailed look at BACA Architects Amphibious House (featured on Grand Designs), and MAKE Architects’ Hiscox’s new Headquarters building which is being completed this autumn in York.
The morning seminar will explore the specific and unique challenges in the design of these specific projects and how specifiers found solutions for them. Find out what products they used and the benefits derived from them.
Also, hear from experts at SIG Design and Technology and SIG Zinc and Copper as they guide you through the maze of roofing design and system selection and outline
- who is responsible for ensuring roofs do not leak
- what to look out for with roofing guarantees
- how best to specify hard metals for different roofing requirements.
- Ruth Slavid | Architectural Writer (Chair)
- Robert Barker | Director | BACA Architects
- Robin Gill | Architect | MAKE architects
- Gary Wilburn | Director | HPW Architecture
- Jim Hooker | Technical Director | Single Ply Roofing Association (SPRA)
- Ross Finnie | Sales Director | SIG Design and Technology
- Simon Walker | Manager, Zinc & Copper | SIG Design & Technology
SIG Design and Technology offers a complete and impartial design and supply service, which covers all eight steps to help create the perfect roof. It designs flat roofs, green roofs, and zinc, copper and stainless steel roofing and cladding.