RIBA Enterprises Limited (“we” or “us”) respects your privacy and will do its best to safeguard your personal information.
Who we are
We are the knowledge and information arm of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA). We commercially provide information and knowledge to construction professionals, both in the UK and overseas.
We do business using a number of different brands. These include NBS, RIBA Insight, RIBA Appointments, RIBA Bookshops, RIBA Publishing and the RIBA Journal.
What information we collect
When you use any of our services, products or online content, we may receive personal information about you. The kind of information we collect includes, but isn’t restricted to, your name, email address, telephone number and company name. We also keep information about your use, and payment for, our services, products and online content.
How we use your personal information
We use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with our services and products and online content.
- To deal with your requests and enquiries.
- To provide you with information about our services, activities or online content.
- To personalise the way our content is presented to you.
- To help us improve our services and products and online content by analysing how they are used.
- To block malicious users.
- To provide advertisers with information about how our services, products or online content are being used.
How we will get in touch with you
We may get in touch with you:
- About any service, product or online content you use, to make sure we do it well.
- About any communication or correspondence you have with us.
- About the fulfilment of any contractual agreement you have with us.
- For marketing purposes (we will never get in touch with you or pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes if you have asked us not to).
- To invite you to take part in surveys or other research.
When we might share your information with other people
We will not share your personal information unless:
- We are required to by law.
- Our business enters into a joint venture with, or is sold to, or merged with, another business. We may then share your information to our new business partners or owners.
- We use third parties to carry out business activity and they require personal data to do so. This may include delivery of goods, for example.
- You have agreed to it being shared with third parties for relevant marketing activity (by product manufacturers, for example).
Where relevant, we will require that third parties follow our data protection and privacy policies, and will require that such third parties do not use your personal information for their own business purposes without your prior consent.
About sensitive personal information
Sometimes, you may provide us with additional sensitive personal information. This may for example be if you are applying for an employment position, either with us or through RIBA Appointments. We will never share sensitive personal information with businesses or people outside RIBA Enterprises without your consent.
How to contact us
If you or have any questions about how we may use your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Manager, Irena Peel, either by post at RIBA Enterprises Limited, The Old Post Office, St Nicholas Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1RH, or by e-mail to privacy@RIBAEnterprises.com.
You can also request a copy of your personal information that we hold on our systems. We may make a small administrative charge for this, and will need proof of your identity.