The third free-to-attend, RIBAJ and SIG morning briefing
23rd November 2016
08.50 to 11.45 am
The Building Centre, Store Street, London WC1E 7BT
Join us for this third free-to-attend, RIBAJ and SIG morning briefing as we explore 'Quality in Flat Roofing: Sharing What We Know ' and discuss key issues in roof specification, design, installation and guarantees.
Hear about two interesting case studies with very different roofing challenges. Atkins and Briggs Amasco provide a detailed look at the challenge of integrating the old and new structures at Network Rail's flagship New Street Station. Barratt London will outline their choice of low odour liquid waterproofing at Victoria Street apartments in SW1.
The morning seminar will explore the specific and unique issues in the design of these projects and the solutions found for them. Find out what products they used and the benefits derived from them.
Also, hear from experts including SIG Design & Technology's own as they provide and outline;
- Advice for specifiers about how to improve your process of specifying the roof – looking at an 8-step process which provides peace of mind
- Roof Inspection, a best practice approach
- How the industry is responding to upskilling its workforce
- Discuss the issue of guarantees in terms of independent quality control
- The need for proper checks and balances
- Quality verses profit margins: how do you ensure quality in the designed and installed roof?
Ruth Slavid, Architectural Writer (Chair)
Stephen Ashton, Engineering Director, Transportation, Atkins
Phil Hayden, Technical Director, Barratt London
Dave Maginnis, Managing Director, Briggs Amasco
Stephen Clamp, Senior Building Surveyor, AECOM
Mark Jackson, Director, Building and Land Guarantees Ltd
Ross Finnie, Sales Director, SIG Design and Technology
Mike Crook, Former Chairman, Single Ply Roofing Association and Trading Director, SIG Design and Technology