The Jarvis Hall, Royal Institute of British Architects, 66 Portland Place, W1B 1AD 8th July 2:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Treading softly: The best way to achieving a zero carbon footprint?
Chaired by Rab Bennetts, co-founder, Bennetts Associates, the RIBAJ in association with AGC Glass Europe, Armstrong Ceilings, Mosa, MechoSystems and Shaw Contract Group, will host an afternoon conference that will help define and explain Cradle-to-Cradle and provide a context for its use in the built environment, interior design, and architectural sector. The afternoon will also investigate and outline the Cradle-to- Cradle business model and learn from those early adopters of the model and see how it works in other industries.
Michael Braungart, the visionary environmental thinker and key thought leader around the Cradle-to-Cradle concept will be giving a keynote on his vision for design and how it can improve buildings and spaces.
- Rab Bennetts | co-founder | Bennetts Associates
- Michael Braungart | Cradle to Cradle chair | Erasmus University, Rotterdam and environmental thinker
- John Davies | Head of Sustainability | Derwent London
- Ankita Dwivedi | Senior Associate | Gensler
- Nitesh Magdani | Director of Sustainability | BAM Construct UK
- Dr Michael Pitts | Head of Urban Living & Built Environment, Innovate UK
- Lydia Hopton | Property Plan A Project Manager, Property & Store Development, Marks & Spencer
This free to attend RIBAJ event will explore whether the construction industry, interior design and architecture can truly embrace the concept of Cradle to Cradle design; to what extent can its adoption bring a zero carbon future closer; what are the opportunities for firms in this new business model?