A sense of fun mixed with honouring of history
Squire and Partners for Squire and Partners
Contract value: Confidential
This project took an unoccupied and dilapidated former department store from 1906, and reimagined the buildings to create a series of inspiring work and social spaces for a multi-disciplinary architecture and design practice. The brief included a series of units for new and existing local businesses, including a community Post Office, coffee roastery, vinyl record store, delicatessen and bar/restaurant.
The architecture model-making space on the ground floor provides a ‘museum of curiosity’ type shop window, providing inspiration to passers-by who peer inside to see the display of what architects do and how they work. This project has a sense of fun mixed with its honouring of history which brings delights to those who step inside.