Welcome to the Schueco Excellence Awards for Design & Innovation 2015 in association with the RIBA Journal
Following their successful launch in 2014 the Schueco Excellence Awards are back!
The awards recognise and celebrate the architects, fabricators and subcontractors that Schueco has collaborated with in developing and realising Schueco facades, window and door systems for successful buildings.
Commenting on last year's awards, Mike Lane, managing director of Schueco UK Ltd, said: ‘I am delighted that the Schueco Excellence Awards are now in their second year. The competition is providing the UK’s architects and Schueco’s network of fabricator-partners with the wider national recognition that their talent and hard work deserve.’
Award winners and commended entries will be published in a special RIBA Journal awards supplement in July 2015
Last year's a hugely varied field of buildings were entered with the best demonstrating how dedicated input and collaboration from design team to specialist subcontractor through the supply chain to Schueco show the transformational power of the cladding and window system.
Enter now! Extended deadline for entries: 15 April 2015
- Have you developed a truly innovative facade?
- Have you used Schueco as an essential part of your Passivhaus strategy?
- Have you adapted a glazing unit to make a seamless detail with a more traditional design?
- Do you just want to show off your beautiful envelope?
- From small projects to housing to commercial buildings we want to hear from you.
- Steel project
- Education building
- Health building
- Commercial building
- Small project
- Individual house
- Residential development
- Specialist contractor
- Schueco special merit award
The judges, chaired by RIBA Journal editor Hugh Pearman, will be looking for creativity, innovation and collaboration using Schueco systems to deliver excellent buildings.
Judges include: Paul Monaghan, director AHMM; Joe Morris, director, Duggan Morris Architects; and Bob Allies, partner, Allies and Morrison.
The award winners will be announced at the Schueco Excellence Awards lunch in June 2015 and published in a special RIBA Journal awards supplement in the July 2015 issue.
Who can enter?
- We invite entries from UK-based ARB registered architects, the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland and fabricators.
What can be entered?
- Building completed between 1 January 2013 and 1 January 2015
- Buildings using Schueco products or systems
- Buildings may be submitted in more than one category
Entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm, 15 April 2015
All entries must be submitted in English and include the following:
- A maximum of 600 words of explanatory text
- A minimum of four and maximum of 10 photographs of the building.
- A clearly labelled site plan
- Clearly labelled key working details
- Clearly labelled key sections
- The information submitted in your entry may be used on the Schueco and RIBAJ website and in the RIBA Journal.
By entering the awards you acknowledge that Schueco, RIBA Journal and their partners have the right to reproduce any photographs, drawings and other material supplied in whole or in part in conjunction with the awards, without payment of copyright.
- The jury’s decision is final
- The jury reserves the right to re-categorise any entry or reject entries that do not comply with the awards entry requirements
- No correspondence will be entered into by the organisers or the judges regarding feedback on entries
- Judges will be asked to declare an interest and remove themselves from the process if a conflict of interest
Judges will be looking for entries demonstrating how creativity, innovation and collaboration using Scheuco systems have delivered exemplar design and product solutions to achieve original concepts.
- Winning and shortlisted entries
- Shortlisted entrants will be notified in writing
- Representatives of shortlisted buildings will be invited to attend the awards lunch which will take place in June 2015
Winners will be announced at a special awards lunch in central London in June 2015