A landmark extension for the old LMT Society factory
It’s all change at on the banks of the Seine in the Boulogne district of Paris, where the old LMT Society factory, built in 1927 to manufacture telephone control units, has been refurbished. French firm DTACC Architecture was commissioned to reconfigure the original building and create a landmark extension holding an entry lobby, pavilion, cafe, restaurant, fitness centre, boardroom and auditorium. The IN/OUT campus’ ‘Bocage’ building is a bush-hammered concrete core with two wings formed of curved glass and vertical timber cladding. Topping it all is an iridescent roof of petrol-coloured stainless steel tiles, whose colours change according to the angle of the sun, giving a dynamic elevation with a scarab-like quality.