Join Patrik Schumacher, Sarah Wigglesworth and Alex de Rijke among many at Vision London 2018 on the future of the built environment in the Business Design Centre, 21-22 June 2018
Vision 2018 is a free two-day conference and exhibition focused on the key challenges of today facing architecture and development. With three content-packed seminar theatres over two days, 2018's event will be asking big questions of big names in architecture, engineering and urban development. The key note speakers signed up are Patrik Schumacher, principal at Zaha Hadid Architects and Chris Wilkinson, director at Wilkinson Eyre in addition to a host of others. Based at the Business Design Centre in Islington, London, this year's even will be based around three big themes:
1. Added Value
With urbanism, infrastructure and architecture being fundamental to the economic success of cities, neighbourhoods, institutions, companies and brands, how can we quantify and maximise the impact of high quality design on society, economic sustainability and commercial success?
2. Health, Wellbeing and Sustainability
How can we design buildings and places that promote healthy environments, sustainable lifestyles, while also being efficient to build and run?
3. Common Good
What steps can we take to ensure that our buildings and public spaces are inclusive, safe, welcoming and make a positive contribution to civic life?
To help visitors dive into these themes Vision London has a top range of professionals due to give lectures over the two days.
- Patrik Schumacher, principal, Zaha Hadid Architects
- Chris Wilkinson, director, Wilkinson Eyre
- David Partridge, managing partner, Argent & UKGBC
- Rab Bennetts, director, Bennetts Associates
- Ben Rogers, CEO, Centre for London
- Jeanette Veldekamp, associate director, Chapman Taylor
- Alex de Rijke, director, dRMM Architects
- Max Farrell, partner, Farrells
- Mairead Carroll, programme director for housing, London First
- Finn Williams, co-founder, Public Practice
- Mike Emmerich, founding director, Metro Dynamics
- Sarah Wigglesworth, director, Sarah Wigglesworth Architects
- David West, founding director, Studio Egret West
- Linda Thiel, London studio director, White Arkitekter
Location: Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, London N1 0QH
Dates: Thursday 21 June until Friday 22 June
For more information and to register for your FREE place visit: www.visionlondon.com
0203 4090 623