The RIBA and the ARB codes of conduct require architects to record the terms of their appointment before working with a client. Getting this key document right is critical
Written agreements between architects and clients are essential. This RIBA approved CPD video features a discussion chaired by Jane Duncan of Jane Duncan Architects & Interiors and past president of the RIBA.
A panel of specialists, all from RIBA committees, consider the importance of a form of appointment when working on a project of any size.
The CPD video helps answer the following questions:
- Why do architects need forms of appointment?
- What should a form of appointment contain?
- How do you ensure a fair and balanced contract?
- What are an architect’s main responsibilities in a form of appointment?
- How do you set out fees?
- If something goes wrong how do you minimise the impact?
To book the video RIBA Contracts: Why do Architects Need to Have a Form of Appointment? go to ribacpd.com/riba-journal
To find out more about RIBA Contracts Digital go to architecture.com/riba-contracts