Peace and quiet is vital for our health and wellbeing, but many residential properties are not covered by Approved Document E regulations for airborne and impact sound. Creating an isolated, floating ceiling with Oscar Iso-Mount is key
For many people, particularly those living in flats, the thumping of footsteps from noisy neighbours above or loud music heard through adjacent walls can impact concentration and sleep and even lead to physical health issues.
Building Regulations Document E sets minimum standards for soundproofing residential buildings in England and Wales.
While these ensure new-builds and conversions comply, the standards don’t apply to existing dwellings, leaving hundreds of thousands of previously built properties with inadequate sound insulation.
When noise from above is a problem, the simplest solution is to create an isolated, floating ceiling using Oscar Iso-Mount acoustic hangers, which are not only compliant, but exceed the requirements set out in Document E for airborne and impact sound.
These soundproof ceiling systems work by absorbing the vibrations and sound pressure waves that cause the transfer of unwanted noise between floors.
Oscar Iso-Mount acoustic hangers are specially designed to be as non-obtrusive and space-saving as possible. They are height adjustable so can even be used across uneven joists to allow for a flat finish with minimum height loss. Once complete, it will appear no different to a standard plastered ceiling.
Perfect for those working in flats, all labour is carried out from the room below with no work required to the floor above.
This is easier than installing acoustic flooring because there is no need to alter heights of skirting boards and doors.
8 reasons to specify Oscar Iso-Mount acoustic hangers:
- Minimum ceiling height is lost with Oscar Iso-Mount Type1 - as little as 6mm.
- Soundproofing performance exceeds compliance with British building regulations Approved Document E for airborne and impact sound.
- Achieved a fire rating of over 90 minutes where required.
- All work is carried out from the room below. Upstairs neighbours need never know.
- Height adjustable, allowing for flat ceilings across uneven joists.
- Affordable, easy to install and give appearance of a standard plastered ceiling once complete.
- Uses a widely available standard clip-on steel channel, which saves money when purchased direct from the manufacturers.
- For increased performance, they can be combined with Celbar fire rated, recycled sound insulation, blown into ceiling and wall voids.
From houses, flats, conversions, new-builds and renovations to commercial spaces such as hotels, offices, shops and restaurants, Oscar Iso-Mount is the perfect solution for significantly reducing unwanted noise from above.
For more information and technical support, visit oscar-acoustics.co.uk