Architects are looking for easy-to-apply acoustic finishes that dampen noise reverberation and improve ambience without compromising design
The role of acoustics in architecture is not just about achieving optimum levels of sound. With the right acoustic solutions in place, it can enhance the way people interact with each other and the space around them.
Good acoustics can also boost health and wellness by creating a calm and peaceful ambience where occupants can enjoy living, working or socialising.
For over 44 years, family-run acoustic decorative finish provider Oscar Acoustics has developed solutions to both noise and design-based problems in residential, commercial and public spaces, advocating the health and wellbeing of all those who enter them (see the video, below).
The company's range of SonaSpray fire-rated and seamless acoustic finishes absorbs sound energy instead of reflecting it, enabling designers to create serene and inviting spaces.
What are the design benefits of using SonaSpray?
- Class 0 to BS 476 and B-s1,d0 fire rated. Full fire rest reports available on request.
- Controls sound reverberation by absorbing sound energy instead of reflecting it, reducing overall noise levels in any interior space.
- Can be applied directly to most substrates, including concrete, plasterboard, GRP, steel, glass and expanded polystyrene.
- Can also be applied to complex architectural elements, such as barrel vaults, domes and corrugated decks.
- Seamless spray finish follows the lines of whatever is underneath, enabling designers to achieve perfect, sweeping curves and shapes.
- Can be applied at speed compared with labour-intensive stick-on panel alternatives, especially when installing around primary service grids. It is also more visually appealing.
- Suitable for application behind suspended mesh and timber ceilings.
- Black finish achieves ideal conditions for lighting control and creating the illusion of infinite ceiling height above suspended ceilings.
How environmentally friendly is SonaSpray?
- Contributes towards sustainable design and health certification systems, including BREEAM, SKA, Living Building Challenge and LEED.
- Achieves M1 certification as Low Emitting Building Material, GreenGuard Gold, Cradle to Cradle and contributes towards satisfying many features under the WELL Building Standard.
- Made of fire treated, recycled paper and other rapidly renewable natural resources.
- Can effectively lower the carbon footprint of a building project by sequestering rich stores of carbon for the life of the structure or application.
- Installed by ISO-14001-certified, expert in-house Oscar team.
Oscar Acoustics' range of acoustic decorative finishes:
- Oscar Elite Exceptionally smooth, flat acoustic plaster finish with the appearance of conventional plaster.
- SonaSpray FCX Sprayed and trowelled, flat acoustic plaster finish with an attractive, lightly pitted, seamless surface.
- SonaSpray FC Attractive, spray applied, lightly textured, seamless acoustic finish.
- SonaSpray K-13 Special Attractive, seamless acoustic spray with a medium texture, available in standard and custom colours.
- SonaSpray K-13 Deliberately industrial, coarsely textured, seamless spray-applied acoustic finish, available in standard and custom colours.
Oscar Acoustics' SonaSpray acoustic finishes enable architects to transform any noisy interior space, including offices, auditoriums, atria, schools, restaurants, warehouses and factories, into welcoming, acoustically balanced environments - without design compromise.
For more information and technical support, visit oscar-acoustics.co.uk