Innovative barrier system fills voids from the party wall to the bottom tile when activated by heat so smoke and fire cannot pass through
Building regulations state that newly constructed homes need to be specified with fire protection to delay the spread of fire and allow crucial escape time.
The fire barrier is a critical part of fire protection when a roof is compartmentalised between adjoining homes.
Introducing the Marley Roof Defence fire barrier
- A simple to install and fully fire protective solution that achieves a fire rating of up to 60 minutes.
- Two strips of intumescent material bonded at 90 degrees, with an inverted T design, are installed under tiles and between roof battens to close gaps.
- When activated by heat, the inverted T intumescent seal expands, filling the space between roofing battens and sealing all spaces under the tiles, slates and other roofing elements.
- Marley’s Roof Defence satisfies all regulatory fire testing requirements and fills voids from the party wall to the bottom tile so smoke and fire cannot pass through.
- Delivers proven protection against the potential spread of hidden roof fires and is a critical part of a guaranteed, single-source roofing specification, designed to provide long-term, safety-first performance and compliance with current regulations.