The composite glazing manufacturer's RIBA CPD materials cover everything architects need to know about window specification, whatever the sector and regulatory context
The flexible range of CPD resources offered by Velfac will improve understanding of different window systems and of the specification process and are offered in a variety of formats. Topics discussed include:
- How early engagement with window suppliers can significantly improve project outcomes.
- How windows interface with common construction methods and build-ups and how build sequence can affect design, installation and sealing methodologies.
- The different weather performance requirements of windows and curtain walling in the context of third-party insurance, particularly in the residential sector where glazing generates the greatest number of superstructure claims.
- Thermal performance, solar control and acoustic performance in the context of window specification.
- Window frame materials - uPVC, aluminium, timber, and composite aluminium/timber.
Velfac RIBA CPD materials were developed with advice and guidance from National Building Specification (NBS) to ensure they are relevant to architects working in every sector.